The other evening I came back from a run and needed a nutrient dense meal for recovery. I had a few ingredients on the counter calling my name and so I decided to whip a quick tomato sauce to go with the spaghetti squash I had made the night before. This a really easy recipe to make- so you can't mess it up! Go get in the kitchen and make this for dinner tonight (or lunch tomorrow)!
- 1 organic bell pepper (I had green, but you can use any color), chopped
- A handful of organic fresh basil, chopped
- 2 organic garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 medium organic heirloom tomatoes,
- A handful of organic Italian Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Oragnic Balsmic Vinegar
- Sea Salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Combine everything in a sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
- Stir occasionally and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Serve over spaghetti squash and enjoy!
Makes about 1.5 cups.
For more gluten free recipes visit Udi's Gluten Free Community.
Cover photo credit: pochacco20