Who doesn't like sweets? I'm sure there are a few of you out there (but not me!) The other morning I was in the mood to do a little baking- creative baking that is. Yep, I'm one of "those" who cooks/bakes with their eyes and head vs a recipe book. I have now learned to carry a notebook & pen along with me into the kitchen :)
Here is the first recipe (pardon the photo, I don't have a SLR- maybe someday!) I created. It is vegan/gluten free friendly.
- 1/2 cup organic chilled coconut milk
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 8 gluten/egg/dairy free cookies (Enjoy Life or Udi's Gluten Free)
- 1/2 tsp organic ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp organic ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp organic ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp organic ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- Chill coconut milk overnight (I always leave a can in the fridge to have on hand). Open can and scoop out 1/2 cup of the cream. (When you chill the coconut milk it separates with the cream on top and the milk on the bottom. Only use the cream part. Save the coconut milk for other uses.) I drew a heart on the top of the coconut milk because I like to have fun in the kitchen AND to show you just how thick it is!
- In mixing bowl, combine the coconut cream, pumpkin puree, spices and maple syrup or honey. Whip with whisk (use your arms!) and mix until smooth and creamy. Be very tempted to taste-test :)
- Once mixed, place a heaping tablespoon of the coconut pumpkin mixture onto a cookie. Place another cookie on top.
- And there you have it! It's so easy to make. While it does use packaged ingredients, it is at least a healthy sweet-tooth option. Enjoy!