Are you in love with your PSL? If you typically buy yours from Starbucks, McDonald’s, or another place did you realize you’re drinking harmful chemicals, GMOs, preservatives, and way too much sugar (48g for a 16 oz)? Tis true! High Fructose Corn Syrup is an ingredient in these drinks that alone leads to obesity, cancer, dementia, liver failure, tooth decay, heart disease, and so much more. (Source: Mark Hyman, MD.) What to do? Make your own!
- 2 tablespoons organic canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons organic full fat coconut milk (chill in fridge overnight and whip together the following morning. Use amount as needed.)
- 1/2 teaspoon organic cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground organic cloves
- optional: 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, nutmeg (traditional pumpkin spice ingredients).
Include one of these sweetening options to above ingredients:
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together well until fully combined.
Prep time: 1 minute.
See how simple that was?! Piece of cake (or drink)!