Who doesn't love a yummy fresh peach cobbler? I know I do! I picked up some peaches from farmer's market and couldn't wait to make a dish out of them! I love creating and experimenting in the kitchen. I've been cooking and baking since I was a child (more about this in my book being released in Spring '14) so I've got plenty of experience! And I'm thankful+happy for that! This has a good ratio of healthy fats, protein, low sugar and real carbs.
- 2 organic peaches; washed, not peeled
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats (quick-cooking if you like less crunchy, regular if you like crunchy)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground ginger
- 1/4 cup chia flour/powder
- 1/8 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cashews, crushed
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Dice the peaches into bite sized pieces and place into a small baking dish.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients and add olive oil. Mix into a crumble. If you like it more wet, add more olive oil.
- Pour onto the top of peaches and cover.
- Bake at 375* for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes (if you can resist!) Enjoy for a special breakfast treat with a little hemp milk or for dessert with some coconut ice cream.
For more gluten free recipes visit Udi's Gluten Free Community.
Cover photo credit: Mr.T in DC