This plant-based recipe puts a different spin on an American breakfast favorite!
- 1 cup organic whole wheat pastry flour (or gluten free flour)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup chia flour
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon Rumford baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cold-pressed coconut oil
- ½ cup almond milk
- In glass bowl, combine all ingredients and mix together very well.
- Adjust liquid as needed. Batter should be thick but runny.
- Over medium-high heat, melt coconut oil.
- Spoon pancake batter on heated pan.
- Cook (will not bubble like traditional pancakes) until bottom appears cooked. Flip over and continue cooking. About 4-5 minutes total.
- Serve with pure maple syrup and fresh fruit if desired.
Makes about 5 pancakes.