I love creating in the kitchen! If you've been reading this site for any length of time you know that I bake & cook with a dash of this, a dash of that, by smell and look. It makes it really hard to write down the recipe later on! I've been trying to be better about adding a notepad & pen to my kitchen counter. :) If you're looking for more gluten-free recipes and gluten-free living support, be sure to visit Udi's Gluten Free Community!
Here is a delicious plant-based (and gluten-free!) recipe I created for Lemon Bars. If you're looking for a sweet treat, here you go!
- 3/4 cup walnut oil
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free flour ( I used Gluten Free Pantry)
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure lemon extract (I use Simply Organic)
- Grated lemon zest of 1 organic lemon
- 1 package NON GMO firm or soft tofu (I used WestSoy or look here for other NON GMO options)
- 1 cup organic sugar
- Grated lemon zest of 2 organic lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon pure lemon extract
- 1/3 cup organic lemon juice (either fresh or Santa Cruz)
- 2 tablespoons gluten free flour (I used Gluten Free Pantry)
- 2 tablespoons aluminum-free cornstarch (I use Rumford)
- Mix all together till it forms a nice ball
- Pat into a 9x13 pan and bake at 350* for about 20 minutes or till lightly brown. Remove from oven.
- While crust is baking make the lemon filling.
- In a food processor blend the tofu till creamy, add sugar & mix well. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth. Pour onto crust and bake a 350* for about 30 minutes or till the filling is set. Edges may brown slightly.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Cut into squares and arrange on plate. Dust with organic confectioner's sugar.