I whipped up this soup from scratch, meaning that I didn't follow a recipe. I've tried to replicate how I made it here! Hopefully it turns out just as delicious for you! :)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 cup shallot, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 cups yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt (I didn't measure, went by taste and feel)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (again didn't measure, went by taste and feel)
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 2 cups corn (must be organic)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Pure boiling water (don't use water that contains fluoride, chlorine, etc)
- Fresh herbs as desired (thyme, rosemary, basil, bay leaf)
In a large non-toxic pan, sautee the first six ingredients in the coconut oil.
Add corn and vegetable broth. Simmer over low heat. (If using bay leaf, add now.)
In a glass bowl soak the cashews and cauliflower with the pure boiling water (about 1 cup or so). Let soak for 10 minutes. Using a food processor (or immersion blender), cream the cashews and cauliflower. Add to simmering soup.
Add fresh herbs as desired and stir together well.
Garnish with fresh chopped basil.