With Valentine's Day this month here's a special breakfast you can make for the people you love!
- 4 Slices of Sprouted Grain Bread (I like One Degree Organics)
- 4 Pastured, Organic Brown Eggs
- 2 1/2 Cups Homemade Plant-Based Mylk (or use Suja)
- 1 Tablespoons Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Organic Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Organic Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt (Not table or Morton salt)
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Coconut Sugar (I use Big Tree Farms)
- 1 Can of Full Fat Coconut Milk (I like Native Forest)
- Organic Fresh Raspberries
- 1/2 Bar of Equal Exchange Dark Chocolate or Alter Eco Dark Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Use the coconut oil to thoroughly grease a 2-quart baking dish. Set aside.
- Cut bread into large cubes. Layer half of them in the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, mylk, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, celtic sea salt and coconut sugar. Mix well. Pour half of this mixture over the bread.
- Break the chocolate bar into small pieces and spread half over the bread cubes.
- Dollop a few tablespoons of coconut cream over the bread and egg mixture.
- Arrange raspberries.
- Layer remaining bread cubes, egg mixture, chocolate, coconut cream and raspberries.
- Bake for approx. 45 minutes. Serve warm.
This can also be made the night before for a special breakfast the following morning!