Winter is such a great time for soups! Here is a recipe we created the other day and it turned out amazing! Try it and let us know what you think!
- 1 large Butternut Squash
- 2 baby Bok Choy (or one medium one)
- 1 bunch of Carrots (equal to 1 cup)
- 1 Fennel
- Water (about 2 cups)
- Vegetable broth (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- dash of bamboo jade sea salt (or a comparable sea salt)
- 1 can cannellini beans (rinsed)
- 1/2 shallot (peeled and chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (separated)
- Wash the Butternut Squash and dry (do not peel). Cut into bite size pieces.
- Slice baby Bok Choy length wise.
- Cut Carrots into bite size pieces.
- Cut Fennel length wise.
- Toss all veggies into a large pan.
- Add water and vegetable broth (should cover veggies).
- Add cumin, nutmeg, sea salt.
- Add beans and chopped shallot. Throw in garlic cloves (leave skin on).
- Mix all together.
- Over medium heat, bring to a simmer and cook for for about 1 hour. Stir occasionally and add more water/vegetable broth if needed.
- Pour into serving bowls and top with grated almond "milk" cheese, a sprig of fresh fennel and raw, chopped walnuts. If you spy the garlic cloves, you can "pop" off the skins. (Or just tell your guests to watch for them.)
The flavor in this soup is amazing!
** Note: all organic ingredients were used and we encourage you to do the same!
What are your favorite soups to eat or make during the cold weather months? Udi's Gluten Free Community has some great ideas for you!