Do you ever crave a sandwich? Well, here’s a healthy option for you! Make sure to use only the ingredients listed (sorry- white, refined, GMO bread just won’t do!)
2 slices of organic sprouted grain bread (either One Degree Bread or Food For Life Bread or Silver Hills or gluten free bread likeJulian)
1 organic avocado
6 small organic cherry tomatoes
2 teaspoons Bragg Nutritional Yeast
1 teaspoon organic turmeric
A generous handful of organic baby green lettuces
- Scoop and smash avocado on both slices of bread with a fork.
- Sprinkle the nutritional yeast and turmeric on avocado and mix together with the fork.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half and arrange on one slice of bread.
- Top with lettuce greens.
- Place the other slice of bread on top and press firmly together.
- When you eat, be sure you know A) where your food came from B) who grew it and C) how it can help your body thrive and fight disease!
- The ingredients in this sandwich aren’t your typical sandwich ingredients but you can bet that this sandwich will add years to your life and not take years away!
- Sprouted grains are full of protein.
- Organic foods don’t have toxic pesticides and organic farmers use sustainable farming practices.
- Turmeric is a fantastic anti-inflammatory and contains many other essential minerals and nutrients.
- Bragg Nutritional Yeast has B Vitamins, Iron, Zinc, Niacin, Folic Acid.