With Valentine's Day a few days away, we thought it would be fun to give you some fresh ideas to celebrate the loved-filled day. And yes, even if you are single, you don't have to be an anti-Valentine's day grouch. Go spread some love regardless of your relationship status! And, oh spread love each day of the year - not just Feb. 14. Food for thought: Love is only a meaningless word if not followed with kind words, thoughtful deeds or positive actions.
1) Make a healthy meal and take it over to a single parent, military family or a family that has sickness or a tragedy happen. Cook/bake things in dishes that don't need to be returned (thrift stores are perfect for this!)
2) Give blood, donate old pairs of running shoes, unused toys, clothes, etc.
3) Mail cards of encouragement to people.
4) Home improvement for elderly neighbors.
5) Visit a senior/retirement home.
6) Call someone you haven't spoken to in forever.
7) Volunteer at a local food bank, homeless shelter, local school, church or other non-profit.
There you have it! Seven ways to show your love, of course there are many, many more. What do you do to show your love? Share them with us!
1 Corinthians 16:14 "Do everything in love."
Photo credit: Sewing Daisies