Day 11 of Project Cheer is brought to you by Melissa Galt of Prosper By Design. Cheers!
New to Project Cheer? Check this out!
Cheer #11) Be Santa
6 Life Lessons I Learned from Santa Claus and You Can Too!
So many times we make life complicated and think that we need to read books and research endlessly to learn all we need to make our lives work. We don’t. Simply put you too can get all the lessons you need from that jolly man who cavorts about the earth once a year bringing toys to all good boys and girls.
Yes, that’s right, your greatest life lessons can come from Santa Claus himself, also known as Father Christmas, Kris Kringle, Saint Nicholas, Babba Natale, Pere Noel, Sinter Klaas, Winter Grandfather and oh well you know who I’m talking about! So here they are, the life lessons I learned (and now you will too) from Santa Claus:
1. Wear RED! It raises your heart rate, keeps you and those around you cheerful, and means that in your presence people will eat more, spend more (good for business), and lose track of time.
2. Give to Others! Santa is the master at paying it forward and being generous. He is never looking at what he gets, but instead what he can give.
3. Focus on the Good in Others! Imagine how different life will look when you focus on the good in others and not the negative. Oh and this includes yourself, it’s vital to forgive and let go of the mistakes you’ve made and focus instead on the cheer you bring.
4. Fly Because You Can! Each year, regardless of the weather or his size, Santa steps aboard his sleigh and delivers gifts worldwide; nothing stands in his way. Step out of your own way and let yourself fly.
5. Build a Team! Whether your team is your family or your employees, or your coworkers, we all go farther together. Santa succeeds because he has a team of elves, a team of reindeer and because he is a gifted leader.
6. Get Dirty to Clean Up! Santa has to shimmy down chimneys getting sooty to say the least in order to deliver his load of goodies and clean up in the giving business. All of life and business has dirty parts that you have to get through if you want to clean up.
So there you have it, life lessons learned from that iconic figure we call Santa Clause. Whether you learn and act on all seven or perhaps you just grab a couple this season, they are sure to add merriment and good cheer not just to your holiday but to your life and the lives of those around you.
When you are ready for more life inspiration and business motivation, head over to www.todaybydesign.com where you’ll find lessons, tips, insider secrets and much more to put you on track and prospering by design instead of floundering in default. Melissa Galt is your prosperity catalyst.