Do you know about bee pollen? Do you know what it is? Bee pollen is made by honeybees from flowers. One note: SAVE THE HONEYBEES! Because if we don't have honeybees, we don't have food. Bee pollen is one of the rare foods needed for human survival as it contains almost all the nutrients needed to sustain human life. (Organic raw honey is the other one.) The nutritional profile of bee pollen includes 18 amino acids, 12 vitamins (B, C, D, E), 28 minerals, 11 enzymes, 14 essential fatty acids, beta-carotene, calcium, magnesium, selenium, boosts immune system, counteracts the effects of radiation and chemical toxins, is an anti-oxidant (chases away free radicals). The CDC and EPA estimates that people are exposed to over 200 different forms or radioactive toxins and over 60,000 different chemical toxins yearly.
10 reasons to make bee pollen a part of your daily nutrition
1) A superfood. Bee pollen is a nutritional powerhouse. As for the above stated reasons.
2) Detoxes the body. Because our bodies are exposed to so many toxins every day through our air, food, water, and soil, it's imperative that we eat foods that help to get rid of toxins naturally.
3) A complete protein. Because of the nutritional content, bee pollen is a complete protein meaning it contains all the amino acids. It contains more protein than meat, eggs, or cheese of equal volume!
4) Can not be made in a lab. This may be the best part! It can not be made in a lab so Big Food can not try to reproduce this amazing product. Of course, always make sure to buy organic!
5) Allergy prevention. If you suffer from hay fever or seasonal allergies, you'll want to start incorporating bee pollen into your daily diet. More effective than drugs with harmful side effects, bee pollen is very effective in treating allergies. You'll want to start taking bee pollen 6 weeks before the start of allergy season and keep taking it.
6) Real food for athletes. Bee pollen increases strength and endurance without chemicals or steroids. The Finnish track team in 1972 used bee pollen because of it's natural performance enhancing properties and ended up sweeping the podium. Real food for the win once again! (No pun intended.)
7) Beauty and anti-aging. Looking for smooth, soft skin? Good skin starts with a healthy inside and bee pollen helps to keeps skin cells fresh and less susceptible to winkles. #NoBotox
8) Weight control. Fat cells store toxins and because bee pollen helps to rid the body of toxins, bee pollen is a natural weight loss method.
9) Boosts immune system. Because of its natural antibiotic property, it helps strengthen immune system and heal the gut (where 80% of your immune system lies).
10) Helps with infertility. If you are a woman struggling to conceive or know a woman who, listen up! Bee pollen stimulates ovarian function!
11) And a bonus: bee pollen is very beneficial for those who have had cancer radiation because of the detoxing properties.
How to use:
If you have never eaten bee pollen before, start taking it slowly with one or two granules under the tongue. If your body handles it fine, increase the amount a little each day. The amount will vary from person to person. After your body is used to it, take it daily. By the teaspoon (my favorite), on top of organic smoothies, or before/after a workout.
Read this for how to buy bee pollen. She said it better than I could!
Will you start incorporating bee pollen into your daily diet?
Cover photo credit: Blathlean